NeurOptimal® is the brainchild of PhD Clinical Psychologists Drs Val and Sue Brown. It is an advanced and automated form of neurofeedback that enables the brain to regulate itself. It is not a therapy, but instead a highly sophisticated brain training that enables the brain to regulate itself with the result of a range of therapeutic, wellbeing and performance benefits.
Because it is so easy to use, your choice will be whether to use it with clients in a professional setting, on yourself or with your children and family.
- Automated non-linear dynamical neurofeedback
- Completely safe – no side effects
- Enables the brain to self regulate
- Gives information to the brain via “pauses” in a soundtrack – no electrical stimulation or entrainment!
- Trains the brain with a range of potential positive outcomes including (note no specific claims are made – each brain will respond differently to NeurOptimal®)
- brain optimisation: more resilience and flexibility, better sleep, more mental acuity, general better brain functioning
- learning benefits: greater focus and concentration, generally enhances learning ability
- wellbeing: can help to manage stress, to feel calm and peaceful, to wake up feeling refreshed, to cope with every day life
- enhanced performance (used by sports people, musicians, writers, business executives)
- transformative development – used by people for personal development, improved meditation or profound transformation.
- preventative – keeps the mind running optimally.
- Can be used in a professional clinical setting or also available as a home use personal neurofeedback system.
- Very easy and quick to learn.
Drs Val and Sue Brown worked in the field of clinical psychology whilst using conventional neurofeedback with impressive results. They gradually concluded that the brain was capable of regulating itself if given the right information, and it could do so holistically and simultaneously (in the old model of neurofeedback individual parts of the brain are entrained by operators who compare the brain to a norm and make judgments about what the brain should or not be doing. ) Once computing power had increased in the 90’s they were able to develop a technology via advanced mathematical algorithms that reflected the brain’s non-linear dynamical operating system. This incorporated the experience and understanding gained during more than 20,000 conventional neurofeedback systems. At first their new neurofeedback equipment was semi-automatic and eventually became fully automatic. NeurOptimal® is unique in its field and is considered to be the most advanced form of neurofeedback in existence.
The developers and their company: Zengar Inc. are based in Canada. Neurofeedback UK Ltd is a representative agent.